- AFAW is a non-for-profit organisation incorporated in New South Wales hereinafter referred to as “AFAW” or “we” or “us” or “our”.
- All goods and services purchased through this website are done so in accordance with Australian Consumer Law.
- Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If any defect in materials or workmanship in product sold by AFAW is identified and notified to us within the warranty period then we will, at our discretion repair or replace the product. AFAW does not accept any liability beyond this for consequential loss.
- Warranty is subject to us being satisfied that a defect was not caused by, or was not substantially contributed to by, other factors beyond our control, including (but not limited to): defective installation, maintenance, or repair; alterations or modifications of the product in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; or any neglect, misuse or excessive use. To claim under warranty return product to a AFAW within the warranty period and with evidence of the starting date of the warranty period.
- We take no responsibility for the accuracy of any of the content or statements contained on this Website or in relation to our Services. Statements made are by way of general comment only and you should satisfy yourself as to their accuracy. Further, all of our Services are provided without a warranty with the exception of any warranties provided by law. We are not liable for any damages whatsoever, incurred as a result of or relating to the use of the Website or our Services.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any disputes concerning this website are to be resolved by the courts having jurisdiction in New South Wales.
- We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions, in your country of residence or any other appropriate country or jurisdiction.
- You agree to indemnify Us and hold Us harmless from and against any and all liabilities or expenses arising from or in any way related to your use of this Website or the Services or information offered on this Website, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and solicitors fees of every kind and nature incurred by you or any third parties through you.
Enrolment & Payments:
- Only adults 18 and over and students in Year 11 or 12 are entitled to be members and attend classes.
- Membership to Alliance-Francaise Albury-Wodonga is required for all students and must be paid annually at the start of each calendar year or at the time of first enrolment. A 50% discount applies for new memberships after 30th June.
- Non-students may also apply for membership entitling them to monthly newsletters and access to subsidised events.
- Membership is not required for attendance at AFAW social and non-class events however additional non-member charges may apply.
- Discounts of up to 10% class fees may apply to full-time students (including tertiary students) and to recipients of Government benefits (Aged pension, unemployment, disability, sole parent benefits), but not to Seniors Card holders.
- Discounts, concessions, and fee waivers are the the discretion of the committee and may vary depending on class numbers and cost of provision of services.
- Students who join part-way through the term and students who know in advance that they are unable to attend all classes in a term can purchase individual lessons for the number of classes they are able to attend.
- New students may sit in on one class without payment, to decide if they will join a class. If they do decide to join, payment is required for that class, in addition to the rest of the term. If they decide not to join, then no fee is payable.
- All students must enrol for classes and purchase membership online.
- Payment for classes may be made online via Credit/Debit card, EFT or in person with Cash or Cheque at any Hume Bank Branch.
- Teachers cannot accept payment of fees.
- AFAW reserves the right to refuse admittance to classes if fees have not been paid.
- Refunds for withdrawal after mid-term are generally not provided however they may be considered at the sole discretion of the committee on a case by case basis.
- Refunds for missed classes are not provided unless the missed class the result of an action of AFAW. (eg., cancelled class)
- Refunds for texts may be made where the text(s) is unmarked and in re-saleable condition.
- Refunds for social and non-class events will be considered on a case by case basis. Sole discretion will be with AFAW.
- Refunds are not available for membership.
- Pro-rata refunds or online ‘coupon’ credit will be given for any cancelled classes unless the student chooses to attend a substitute class.
- Generally, refunds will be processed in the same manner as funds were received (EFT or Credit/Debit Card)